I want to tell you a story. It’s a story of a sad soul. Her entire life she never felt like she was good enough. Life had taken it’s toll on her. Keeping her hostage from freedom and happiness. When I met this sad soul, I listened to connect. To hear. To understand her story. It was wrought with peril. Shame, blame, guilt, negativity, and the list goes on.
I began negotiating with her captors.
- You are good enough,
- You are beautiful,
- You can manage your emotions in a healthy way,
- You can connect,
- You can advocate for your needs,
- You can become the version of yourself you have always wanted to become.
With the passing of time, a little bit of awareness, the choice to change, and some practice this sad soul began to change the way that she viewed the world.
- She leaned into hard conversations,
- She did things outside of her comfort zone
- She started to forgive and let go of the past
- She started to change her thinking, and her mindset.
As a coach I get to stand on sacred, holy ground with people. I see time stand still as someone chooses to change the way they live. As of late I am beginning to see a few patterns emerge through my time one on one with people.
- We need connection: Every human that I meet with wants to be loved, valued, appreciated and known.
- Our thinking makes a difference: People who focus on the positive, tend to attract good and beautiful things. People with a mindset focused on the negative tend to see everything that is wrong around them.
- Dormant dreams live inside of us: We just need someone to help us unearth them and make them come alive again.
Sadness doesn’t have to be your story. Misery doesn’t have to be your anthem. Is there a new story that you want to tell? Let’s begin writing it together.