“Never underestimate the magnitude of the forces that reinforce complacency and that help maintain the status quo.” -John Kotter
I love working with people both young and old. What I love even more is when they start to “get it.” When they begin to probe and ask deeper questions like:
- Why am I here?
- What was I created to do?
- What do I have to do to STOP living a life of complacency?
- How do I go beyond the status quo?
- How can I influence as many people as possible before I die?
- What is it that I want out of life?
I believe that I am created to squeeze every ounce of potential out of the human beings that I work with. I work to draw people out of complacency because there is more to life than going through the motions.
Complacency minimizes our impact. I wonder what would happen if we were to begin being bold in our everyday lives? Would our sense of urgency increase? Would our core purpose alter? Often, we don’t make bold moves because we live in an ‘over-managed and under-lead culture.’ Leaders are people who take action to reduce complacency in their lives as well as others.